Strong Tower

He's faithful through the storm.
"But you are a tower of refuge to the poor, O Lord, a tower of refuge to the needy in distress. You are a refuge from the storm and a shelter from the heat. For the oppressive acts of ruthless people are like a storm beating against a wall" -Isaiah 25:4

"He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him. He makes the nations submit to me." -Psalm 144:2

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous man runs into it, and is safe."-Proverbs 18:10

"For You have been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." -Psalm 61:3

Saturday, January 2, 2010

opening thoughts

hey guys! one thing i often find myself telling people is "life is rough, but God is greater", but i rarely have time to tell them exactly why. in the same way, when i'm talking with people, they often say they're struggling, or that God's done a huge miracle in their lives, but often they never say how.
sometimes, i have random revelations that i desperately want to write down so i can tell people them later, but i often forget. other times, when people DO tell me what's going on, i forget, and the amazing tale of the Holy Spirit's power in someone life remains selfishly with me.
i'm starting this blog for 3 reasons: 1) to write down accounts of people's struggles and God's greatness, and to encourage those going through rough times. 2) to share what God's teaching me in my life, and hopefully encourage and/or teach others about His love for them. 3) to honor His greatness and share the love of Jesus with those that need it. thanks so much for reading! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment