Strong Tower

He's faithful through the storm.
"But you are a tower of refuge to the poor, O Lord, a tower of refuge to the needy in distress. You are a refuge from the storm and a shelter from the heat. For the oppressive acts of ruthless people are like a storm beating against a wall" -Isaiah 25:4

"He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him. He makes the nations submit to me." -Psalm 144:2

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous man runs into it, and is safe."-Proverbs 18:10

"For You have been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." -Psalm 61:3

Friday, January 8, 2010

He's Always Been Faithful

hey guys! hope you're enjoying the blog! so, over Christmas break, God did a lot of amazing things in my life. one amazing thing he did was bring me closer to people. one of my friends shared with me his testimony of God's faithfulness in his life. his story goes something like this:

for a long time now, people have made fun of me. i have been praying for God to handle it for a long time. i've asked Him to take the pain of being bullied away for years. i've prayed for Him to keep them away from me, to stop them from pushing me down, from calling me names. when the bullying didn't stop, i struggled for years. reading the Bible and praying to the Lord kept my faith intact, but my doubts of whether He heard me, or cared, remained. a short time ago, i was overwhelmed. i decided to stop believing in God. the emptiness that followed was horrific, so, after a couple of months, i came back to my Father. but kids at school continued to taunt me, and i continued to tell no one.
then, one night, i had a dream that i was in a roman prison, about to be put on trial for my faith. then, a person i knew, but not very well, came to my cell and gave me what i needed to escape the prison. the next day, that same person i dreamed about contacted me and asked me how i was. i told him, and he encouraged me with the exact words i needed to hear. as the weeks went on, i continued to have the same dream, over and over again. but, every week or so, the person who came to my jail cell was different. the next day, i would meet that very person, and they would give me the exact words i needed. the cycle has continued to this day. God is still faithful.

as humans, we can never see the plan God has for us. but He will always provide. the israelites used to have dozens of names for God. one was "Jehovah Jireh" which means, God our Provider. and that's just what He is. He will provide for you in the storm. it may not be what you want it to be or when, but it will always be what you need. those of you who feel dry and thirsty, you can always trust in His love. there's a song about how His love is everything by Jesus culture callled exactly that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv0LsrTGuAE&feature=PlayList&p=5CCA738B9DA69828&index=194

God's love is everything, because He's everything, and He is Love! uncompromising, all-fulfilling, Love! to everyone who feels dry, sapped, and empty, hold on to Him. call out to Him in prayer, listen to what He tells us in His Word, and know that HE LOVES YOU! He went so far for us on the cross, just to prove that He loves us so much! He says it Himself in the book of joel:

"rejoice, you people of jerusalem! rejoice in the Lord your God! for the rain He sends demonstrates His faithfulness. once more the autumn rains will come, as well as the rains of spring." -joel 2:23

Jehovah Jireh loves us, and will bring the rain we need so desperately. hold on to Him.

there's another amazing song about God's faithfulness by sara groves, called "He's always been faithful"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFK94QH5sU&feature=PlayList&p=6F08C6B3D7CA2A07&index=22

listening to the words for me is like a breath of fresh air. it's the story of my life. regardless of the situation, He has always, right when i thought i was most hopeless, provided exactly what i needed; He's always been faithful to me.

"For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever,and his faithfulness continues to each generation." -psalm 100:5


"Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning." -lamentations 3:23



No comments:

Post a Comment